Thank You 2011

Happy New Year!  Last night we celebrated new years eve with two very good friends.  Wine, beer and cider was had, great food was consumed and we reminisced on the year that was.  When we got bored talking about earthquakes, hope and recovery, we settled down to watch a movie to see us in to midnight.  The evening was what it was and I have long since learned that having no expectations for new years eve night is the best way to go.  It is only with really good friends that you can be okay about not talking and watching a movie on what is deemed to be a night of epic celebrations!

Chatting with friends - ready for a baby ya think???

My very flash dessert complete with berries from our garden!

I am very grateful for the year that has been.  It has been full of the biggest challenges of my life and yet here I still am.  2011 forced me to face some areas in my life that have now built me into someone who is stronger, more authentic and self-caring.  So thank you 2011, as much as I am glad to see the back of you, I would not have changed a minute. 
3 Responses
  1. Tea Says:

    Happy New Year! I pray this is a blessed year for you, with peace and the nearness of God. ♥


  2. PaisleyJade Says:

    Sounds like a fab night! Happy New Year to you guys!! xoxo


  3. Arna Says:

    These look delcious! I've now had 2 NY eves with just two good friends, a glass or two of wine, some nibbles and a movie. This year they even left before 11pm!