Pantry Purge Day 2

Well, not exactly a pantry purge, more like using what I have at hand to take to a barbeque instead of going out and buy something.  Have I got flour? Check!  Have I got yeast? Check!  Have I got a small bit of cheese? Check!  Have I got butter? Check!  I can make the best ever bread that will make people go oooh aaaah!  I have made this bread heaps of times before and it is all kinds of deliciousness.  I originally got it from Sima J, and in her words, "Oh me, oh my!"



Cheesy Garlic Bread
300ml warm water
1 Tbsp dry yeast
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
3 ½ cups white flour
1 tsp salt
25g soft butter
2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp minced garlic
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Thyme leaves
Rock salt (optional)
Put warm water, yeast, oil and honey into a jug stir just to make all wet then leave to sit for 5-10mins till frothy.
Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Make a well and pour in the wet mixture and mix till all combined. Knead for 5mins.
Stretch dough to fit a Swiss Roll tin or rectangular glass dish lined with cooking paper.
Mix garlic and butter dotting over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the thyme leaves and the cheese and rock salt.
Lightly cover the bread with cling film and leave to rise for about 2 hours.
Bake in oven at about 180-200C for 30mins.
Cheese can dribble over edge.

Enjoy!
3 Responses
  1. Weza Says:

    Ohh my yummy I have all the ingredients in my cupboards to make this. I wonder if the girlies would eat it?

    I certainly shouldn't be.

    Love ya xxx


  2. Sima J Says:

    oh yay I'm glad my recipe has come in handy :-) I LOVE it (though at the moment going dairy free I am not allowed it) :-( boo!!


  3. Tea Says:

    Mmmm! I want to try this!! :)