Thankful for the Gift of Giving

I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is.

I have recently discovered that when the chips are down the best thing I can do is give. Giving fills my tank in some way. Being able to give back makes me truly grateful for all that I have.


This week we had the pleasure of hanging out with my nephew, J. He is at a really enjoyable age and so enthusiastic about life. We love having him, it makes me see what we would be like as parents, and I like what I see. To see DH in that sort of Dad role just makes me love him more.


We headed out in the drizzle to the Botanical Gardens. Each holiday they put on a free activity for the kids. These holidays it was a Flora Discoverers scavenger hunt. We picked up a booklet and went on our adventure.



We discovered areas of the gardens we'd never seen before. J collected seeds for the seed collection scheme, drew plant life and he got a certificate at the end for all his efforts. We finished just as the torrential downpour started!

So grateful for the time I have to spend with that boy.
 
Linking in with Ms MNM's Meghan.
2 Responses
  1. Cat Says:

    Oh what fun ! Bet your nephew enjoyed it too


  2. Awesome outdoor fun - still can't get over all those autumn colours around you in the pics - stunning.